Home About casa

Thursday, July 17, 2014

He will cut you!

My good friend Gina and I would always use the Bonquiqui phrase, "I WILL CUT YOU!"
We said it so much!! All the time!!
A little too much.
It got to the point that our small kids started saying it.. over and over.. in public.. to us.. and to everyone. (hijole)
Not so funny anymore when you're in Target and your kid asks for goldfish, you say no, then they respond with "I will cut you!" I mean, that didn't happen to me but I heard that it happened to my friend and her daughter! (Shh! I didn't tell you.)
We were young mom's, we didn't have a clue:)

And let's be honest, getting cut or stabbed hurts! I mean, I was never stabbed by an actual knife, but one time I stepped on a needle and that hurt like a really bad word. I almost died. Not really. But I thought I was dead.

EH HEM...BACK TO MY CUTTING STORY!

Anytime there is anything sharp near me, I kind of freak out a little or a lottle!! I'm a wimp. I'd much rather be in a gi choke while I slowly pass out. It's much less painful for me.

Which brings me to one of my least favorite verses in the Bible.. John 15:2. Now, I did hear once that you can't have a "least favorite verse" but the verses that cause my stomach to turn a little because I don't want to actually live them out in my life.. well ya.. that makes it hard, which makes it one of my least favorite verses. So there!

John 15:2
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful


He. Cuts. Off.
Let's just stop right there and agree that anything that is getting "cut off" might actually cause us some pain.

If I were a tree and one of my branches were getting cut off (from my tree body) well I suspect that would hurt a lot.

Also, at this point, I don't mind that it wasn't bearing any fruit because it was a part of me.

I mean we all do that right? It's ok that this part of my life is not bringing any thing good or fruitful to any part of my bones... JUST DON'T TAKE IT AWAY BECAUSE IT WILL HURT SO BAD!!

Let's face it, that's how some of us live. We don't like it when he takes things away, even things that are dead (not bearing fruit...relationships, job, churches, finances, food... you get the pic)

Can I get an AMEN?? Not yet? Too soon? Ok. Bear with me.. get it bear? HAHA

EH HEM BACK TO MY STORY!! PAY ATTENTION YOU'RE LOSING ME AND MY ADD IS KICKING IN...

Every time I get a hair cut my hair grows twice as fast. Why? because Im Mexican! JK. Because, when you cut away the dead, new life can grow.

What is the Lord trying to cut out of your life that you are still holding on to?
Is it out of fear? Comfort?
Why are you afraid to let the God of the universe take something away, that is causing no fruit in your life, out? Only to replace it with life!
Do you trust him?
Do you want to live in his abundance?

These are all the questions that I've had to ask myself.
I realized I was scared. I was scared of what people thought of me if I stopped doing what I've always done. I was scared that it was going to hurt. I was scared of change. I was scared of people's reactions. I was scared of people getting mad at me and the list of "being scared" goes on.

But then I started to live, breathe, and study the word of God and do you know what it says?

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not for I am with you

Psalms 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me and your rod and your staff they comfort me

Psalms 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, whom shall I be afraid?

Psalms 118:6 The Lord is with me, I will not be afraid

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous do not be terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you, he will never leave nor forsake you


I can keep going but I think you know where I'm getting at.
I had to make a choice. Was I going to allow fear choke me or allow God to prune me.

Proverbs 9:10 says: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge..
and to tell you the truth, I fear God way more than I do man's opinions of me.

I leave you with this. I am praying for you and the decisions that you need to make to allow God to have his way in your life, to cut anything that he needs to so that you can bear good fruit. So that you can walk and live the abundant life. The life that the Lord intended for you. I pray that you will not be afraid but to be brave and walk boldly in his will for your life.

Thank you for letting me share my heart this morning. Going on this journey with others seems to help being brave!

Camille out.








1 comment:

  1. Thank you, definitely The Holy Spirit resounding in my heart. Third time today that I hear of John 15. WOW. Thanks friend. Love you

    ReplyDelete