Home About casa

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Hello 2015!

Has it really been six months since I have written anything? Yes, yes it has.

That's what happens when you have a newborn. You just completely forget about the outside world. But.. I CAN tell you when my son's last poopy diaper was. I also could tell you that my two year old has to pee because I can see her in the corner of my eye doing the "potty dance" TMI? Sorry not sorry. #MomLife

It is time to say goodbye to 2014!! Yay for that. I don't know about you, but 2014 was probably one of the hardest years the Fielders had endured. It was not fun. In fact it was very painful. But, where there is pain, there is growth. It seems that's the only way I grow these days. Last January Jason and I were planting our roots (very painfully) into a new church family. I remember we had just pulled in the parking lot, Jason grabbed my hand and said "WE ARE GOING TO GET PLANTED HERE!" Then, he looked at me and finished with "Now, go and get to know people." Oh that made me laugh so hard because we both know that I'm the social butterfly out of the two. Although, at the time I was literally terrified and crying. I was so scared to go to a new church. It's like building a whole new life. Everything in our lives before was surrounded by our old church.. and I mean EVERYTHING. Looking back that was a very dangerous place to be in (putting our security in people and not God) and I am so grateful He showed us that.

We started attending our new church and everything was just so foreign to us. I mean, we liked it. It was just different. The worship music was different, the teaching was different, the people were different. Nobody knew who we were. We didn't hear the "Hey Jason,  how's business going?" Because no one knew us, our lives or anything for that matter. We felt lost. Going to the same church for over ten years, well, needless to say we were known, we were loved and we were "comfortable" a little too comfortable. The kind of comfortable that when you are sitting on the couch and you can't find the remote, so you just end up watching Frozen after your kids have left the room. YIKES! I don't think, comfort is one of the fruits of the Spirit. Ya, I'm pretty sure it isn't. So if you are sitting comfortable right now.. BE WARE!! Comfort is not something we should be seeking. Jesus is what we should be seeking, always.

We knew it was going to be a long journey in meeting new people and quite frankly we weren't really open to it. We had met some really great people at our last church, it was going to be hard to top that. We were pregnant with Maverick and had 3 other kids.. who has the time to meet new people when you are a family SIX!! Ain't nobody go time for that!
However, after about six months attending our new church I finally met a friend, but actually I already knew her from before so I don't know if that counts, BUT to me it was like meeting a new friend. Her name is Faith. Sometimes in life all you need is a little Faith:) Through her, I got connected and started to lead worship for the Junior High youth group, which is where I currently am every Saturday night. I love it. I love the people I serve with. I love our youth Pastor and his wife<3 I mean it's been challenging to have a worship team that is all going through puberty, but it's where the Lord has me now and I'm ok with that.
The Junior High Ministry is off the chain people!! Seriously. Our thirteen year old son Sage, had been going through a lot as well, to the point of major embarrassment and denying he was ours. I gotta tell you Les, his youth pastor, was so gracious with him and us. He came along side us and helped us grow to be better parents to Sage as he was going through this rough season. It was exactly what we needed, and we were exactly where we needed to be. Who knew walking in to this that this was something that Sage was in desperate need of. The Lord knew. He always does.
Sage is thriving now. We are so grateful to God for the Junior High Ministry at Westgate.
Celeste has been getting involved as well, helping me lead worship, assisting the band and just being there with us helping us chase after Berlin. Jason kind of takes place as our protecter at youth. He's like a bouncer who sits in the back making sure everyone is safe, except he doesn't carry a weapon...actually don't quote me on that. Maverick does nothing.

Transition can be rough. Seasons can be hard, but seasons are just seasons. They aren't forever. Change is inevitable. When you obey, when you are obedient and listen to God even through all your pain and maybe not understand what He is doing at the time. There is a reason, you may not know or ever know that reason but trusting God through it all .. it's a life changer. The good kind.

One of my favorite verses as a kid has been revealing itself again to me and has taken on such truth and promise for me this past year.
Proverbs 3:5&6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight.

I am excited for 2015! For new beginnings, for new seasons. Some big changes are happening this year for the Fielders. STAY TUNED!



p.s If you attend our previous church.. thank you for loving us and checking in on us and being there for us even when we didn't see each other every week. That meant the world. You know who you are. It helped us through our darkest days.

p.p.s Oh and in case your are wondering we have met some pretty phenomenal people at the church we attend now. God is good.

4 comments:

  1. This is such an encouraging post, thank you for sharing. Scott and I are in a very similar experience, and it's very hard to make new friends at a new church. Your post really resonated with my soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and your honest vulnerability :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is GOOD!!!!! Loved it thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your posts!!!! Yes it's been awhile but I am still here with ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete